Stop 5 – Mill Lane

Stop-5

Vineyard Cottages

This row of workers’ cottages were built in 1821.  They are built from London stock brick — how did they get it here thirty years before the railway arrived?

The Baron of Beef

This was a pub and butcher shop, with a slaughterhouse behind the shop on Mimram Walk.

Leave a Reply